|Guests staying at the Madulkelle Tea and Eco Lodge will appreciate the many facilities and services on offer. Some of these facilities include;A real colonial style “planter’s” estate house with:
- Reception, welcome area and Information Desk
- A Library with Internet Access and a Business Center
- An English styled estate Lounge Bar with an impressive stock of beverages
- A Grand Dining Room and Restaurant with a cozy fireplace
- A stand alone Infinity Pool offering fabulous views of the Madulkelle Village as well as the majestic Knuckles Mountain range
- Seating Areas placed within the tea estate, ideal for a quiet read, meditation or just to spend some quiet time alone with nature
- An Organic Vegetable and Herb Garden yielding fresh vegetables and herbs all year round helps our Chef to prepare fresh and delicious meals daily
- Drivers’ and guides’ live-in quarters with Onsite Parking
Sri Lanka’s hill capital of Kandy is nestled picturesquely surrounded by mountains and rivers just 115 km away from Colombo and just 30 km away from the Madulkelle Tea and Eco Lodge. Kandy features the most sacred of all Buddhist shrines – the temple of the tooth or The Dalada Maligawa, which holds the Sacred Tooth Relic of the Lord Buddha.
Dambulla and Sigiriya
The historic city of Dambulla is just a 2 hour drive away from the Madulkelle Tea and Eco Lodge and features the Golden Temple and the Dambulla Rock. The caves on this rock feature a mixture of religious and worldly paintings and sculptures.
Tea Plantation/ Factory Visit
Unravel the mysteries and discover the secrets that go into making that perfect cup of Ceylon tea. Find out how the tea leaves plucked by the female estate workers are sorted and processed into making Sri Lanka’s favourite beverage.