K N U C K L E S H I K E
The Knuckles Conservation Range is a UNESCO world heritage site and is a collection of peaks across the central region of the country. With the highest point about 6,000 ft above sea level the Knuckles span an extensive region covering 155 sq. km of the island. Panoramic views of misty mountains, stunning valleys, ancient rock formations, beautiful animal and plant life, lush forests, crystal clear streams, paddy fields, traditional villages and hospitable people make the Knuckles an unmissable and unique blend of nature, culture and adventure. The drive to the summit goes along the Rangala road, which is a scenic routeby itself, and the climb takes you through shrub jungle terrain.
This is a full day excursion, with a packed breakfasf and lunch. You will leave the property at 6am, and drive for an hour to the summit.
• The Hiking Expedition will commence aprox 7.30am.
• En route to the summit, rest stops will be allocated at selected locations. We will also provide ample stops for picture capturing on the trail.
• 12pm at summit for a picnic lunch (Sandwiches, cake, fruits & refreshments etc)
• 1pm depart to Base via the same trail.
• 5pm @ Knuckles Peak road.
• 7pm @ Hotel.